Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tae Kwon Do Awesome & First Home Cooked Meal~

So something I didn't mention in last night's post was that with the help of my baba, I was able to find a fantastic Tae Kwon Do studio relatively near where I work (The Academy of Tae Kwon Do). All I know is that it's on my way home and it's super convenient and easy to get to.

The master instructor there is actually someone I know and he happened to remember me which was awesoooommmeee~!!! He's exactly how I remember him: funny, nice, welcoming and great at teaching.

It didn't take me long to feel at home there. Sure I was a bit nervous because entering a new studio is almost like stepping into another country or region. While it's still Tae Kwon Do and they have the same basic foundation, the studio culture is a bit different. For instance, how they address our instructor and master instructor is different than how I address mind, how they start and end class is different than how my studio back home does it, and they learn the ITC (International Tae Kwon Do Council) forms whereas I learned the WTF (World Tae Kwon Do Federation) forms. But that's okay because no matter what a Tae Kwon Do family is a Tae Kwon Do family and everyone there is kind and welcoming.

Again, I felt right at home.

I still have to get used to their different routine and the like, but that won't take me long and I feel very comfortable there so that's all that matters. That and I get to keep up my training and not get so out of shape that testing for my third degree black belt in the end of May won't be a nightmare, haha.

Anyway, I went again tonight and while my body hurts in places I forgot could hurt, it's a good and refreshing pain (which might sound weird to you if you never experienced this sort of amazing exercised pain, haha). All you need to know is that getting back into Tae Kwon Do training and keeping it up while I'm in San Francisco is going to really help in keeping me stress free, refreshed, in shape, healthy and energized so I'm super glad my family and I were able to find this place~!

After class tonight, I mentioned to the master instructor about how I will be testing at the end of May when I get back home. I also told him that I have to create my own form for the testing as well which is something I'm working on.

That's when he offered something fantastically amazing~!

He told me that if I wanted, he would teach me the "mother of all Tae Kwon Do forms", the form by which all other forms derive from and a form that very few people know. It's basically the first Tae Kwon Do form ever and an ancient one. The master instructor told me a brief story about how it came to be and told me that he would gladly teach it to me so that I could do it for my black belt testing. He said it's an absolutely beautiful form, but he honestly had me at "mother of all Tae Kwon Do" forms and I was...no I am ready to learn it. He says we'll start this week and I am super excited~!!!

So that's my Tae Kwon Do awesomeness.

I'm currently, as my parents would probably like to know, cooking my own and first dinner tonight. And by first, I mean first home cooked meal in this flat, by myself.....first ever.....in my life........by myself......did I mention ALL BY MY ONESELF~!? Because I'm currently boiling pasta ON MY OWN~!

MMMM, YEAH, JUST LOOK AT THAT FOUR CHEESE RAVIOLI SWIM IN THAT WATER~!

MMM, YESS, JUST LOOK AT DEM PASTA BLOBS BOIL, MMMM~!

AAH YEAAH, JUST LOOKED AT THAT PASTA~!
(by the way I really love this pot....EASY STRAINING)
OOOH YESS~ LOOK AT THAT MARINARA SAUCE HEAT UP~!
MM, YESS, LOOK AT THAT MARINARA SAUCE POURED ALL OVER THAT PASTA~!
MMM, CHECK OUT THAT BOWL OF PASTA~!!

So yeah, there you go. There's your update for tonight, haha~

Now I'm going to eat this pasta, watch Once Upon A Time with my mom (we're going to watch it at the same time and text each other during it, haha), and then head to bed.

Until next time~

~Sara

6 comments:

  1. That pasta made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me hungrier when I was cooking it. And it tastes delicious too~

      Delete
  2. hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you are so funny,you are away, but not away, i am sooooooooooooo proud of you, and for him to teach you that, is so great, you getting something extera, that nice of him, love you grand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, learning that form is going to be super cool and super fun~! :D

      Delete
  3. Those pasta pics made me hungry. Time to go downstairs and scrounge for lunch fixings. Again, I am so sorry that you aren't having any fun!
    OOXOXO
    PS Jim and Reid bought me a zombie cupcake book the other day. Will share when you return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the pasta pics made a lot of people hungry!
      And holy cow, really?!?! I can't wait to see it when I get back!! I'm so excited now! :D

      Delete